The Covenant Group Coordinator coordinates the forming of small groups for congregants to find support and intimate interaction. During the latter part of August through October the time spent is higher while groups are being set up. The following activities are involved:
1) Advertising and organizing the sign-up for the Covenant Groups prior to Opening Sunday of the programmatic year
2) Putting the individual groups together
3) Selecting the facilitators of the groups, working from a roster of past facilitators and suggestions from the minister
4) Preparing and emailing the agenda for, and leading the monthly meetings of the facilitators of each group. During these meetings, group topics are selected and concerns of the facilitators are addressed.
5) Attending the opening meeting of new Covenant groups , usually only one or two are new each year.
6) Keeping an ongoing up to date record of the members of the groups
7) Keeping a record of topics
8) The Coordinator also functions as a gatekeeper regarding new persons who wish to join an ongoing group in the middle of the year.
Benefits for the Volunteer and the Congregation:
The Coordinator interacts with leaders within the congregation and helps provide secure groups where congregants can find support and companionship. He/she has the benefit of being of service in deepening the spiritual life of others and helping them to connect on a deeper level with others and the community.
Training, assistance, and safety requirements:
Staff support will be available.
# of positions available:
Service Opportunity Filled By: