Take part in making morning services a rewarding experience for the congregation. Using a Leadership Team approach , individual members organize various aspects such as ushers, summer speakers and other components of the Sunday service.
Participation in this committee provides:
- Rewarding personal and spiritual growth in the knowledge that each member is making a substantial contribution to the overall satisfaction congregation members derive from Sunday Services.
- Opportunity for learning new skills such as participating in Sunday Services, leadership, ushering and recruiting.
- Working with and getting to know like-minded committee members whose common goal is to provide a rewarding Sunday Services experience for the congregation.
- Opportunity to help reinforce the commitment congregation members feel toward QUUF.
- The feeling of togetherness and family that Sunday Services engender.
First and foremost is the desire to help provide a rewarding experience for members at the Sunday Service. To do so will require such skills as taking responsibility for one or more of the elements that make up the service. Helpful skills would include the ability to work with other members of the committee, to consider the various needs of the congregation when formulating policy and to have an open mind to the variety and needs of individuals who make up the congregation. Committee members should be able to work independently as part of the team approach.
Training comes from hands-on experience working alongside committee members and learning about the various aspects of the Sunday Service. Committee members also benefit and learn from both ministers who participate in the committee.